Teachers can now use Turnitin directly with Portal. There is no need to create separate accounts or classes on Turnitin.
- Create an assignment on Portal
- Under "File submission," select "Turnitin"
- Be sure to add the assignment to the gradebook, set any other relevant parameters, and save the assignment.
- From the Assignment Center, click on the name of the assignment
- First time: The first time you use this tool, you may see a user agreement. If so, read and agree to the terms.
- The assignment title, points, start date, and end date will be inherited from the details in Portal. You can change the Feedback Release Date
- Click "Optional Settings" if you want to edit late submission settings, add a rubric, and more. You can check the "Save these settings for future use" box to change your defaults
- Click "Save" when done.
- Students can access the assignment like any normal assignment on Portal. They may need to agree to terms their first time, but they will never need to make a separate Turnitin account or access an external website.