How does Multi-Factor Authentication work?
When Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is enabled on your account, you will be prompted to verify your account in two ways: once with your password and once with a single-use code sent to you. The single-use code can be sent via a text message, phone call, or app. You can "trust" personal devices for up to a year, requiring only your password to be entered. On shared devices, you will always be prompted for a code.
Setting up Multi-Factor Authentication
- Go to https://aka.ms/MFASetup?whr=sierracanyonschool.org
- Enter your Sierra Canyon username and password
- You will be prompted for more information. Click "Next."
- Enter your preferred method for receiving your multi-factor authentication code. We recommend sending a text message to your cell phone. Then, click "Next."
- You will receive a code through the specified method. Enter that code on the next page. Then, click "Verify."
- The system will verify your authentication method. Once completed, click "Done."
- You will be prompted to enter your password and sign in again, this time using your alternate verification method (e.g. a text to your cell phone).
- If you are using your own device (not a shared device), you can check the "Don't ask again" box. If it is a shared device, do not check the box.